As we all know, the whole world is undergoing from the serious problem of Covid -19 (Coronavirus) outbreak. It’s an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus as stated by World Health Organization. Doctors, nurses and other medical staffs from all over the world are giving their 100% to tackle this serious health issue. As the information is spreading all among people that how hazardous this virus is for their health, people are becoming more and more aware and started taking prescribed precautions in order to stop this virus from spreading.
Symptoms of Covid-19:
A person who is infected with the Covid-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness like dry cough, difficulty in breathing, fever and tiredness.
A middle-aged person will recover without requiring any special treatment as stated by World Health Organization.
In case of older people and those with underlying medical problems like chronic respiratory disease, diabetes, cardiovascular disease and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The Do’s :
- Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands frequently.
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- Avoid close contact and keep distance of 1meter to 3 meters from the people who are unwell.
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the house if you feel unwell.
- Follow the rules of social distancing as prescribed by the Government.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your hands if they are not clean.
- Do not break the rules of social distancing.
- Avoid gathering.
- Do not go out at public places without mask.
- Avoid going outside until and unless you don’t have an emergency.
We hope that the above mentioned information will help you and your loved ones to be safe and sound. We pray that we all emerge out of the current situation strongly and with good health. Do take care, stay home and stay safe.
Sources: WHO (World Health Organization)